Blog world is new to me so if anything wrong please correct me. i made this blog for my assignment and want to share with you all what i learn in class.
Nowadays, all businesses need technology no matter how big or small business. Did you know that every department in company need technology? For example, HR department will cooperation with Jobstreet to let people know that they have opening vacancy.
Information technology (IT) - a field concerned with the use of technology in managing and processing information.
IT is an important enabler of business and innovation.
Management information systems (MIS) - a general name for the business function and academic discipline covering the application of people, technologies, procedures to solve business problems.
MIS is a business function, similar to Accounting, Finance, Operations and Human Resources.
It is important to understand:
- data, information and business intelligence IT resources
- IT cultures
IT's Impact on Business Operations.
- DATA - raw facts that describe the characteristic of an event
- INFORMATION - data converted into a meaningful and useful context
- BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE - applications and technologies that are used to support decison-making efforts
- Information-Functional Culture - Employees use information as a means of exercising influence or power over others. For example, a manager in sales refuses to share information with marketing. This causes marketing to need the sales manager's input each time a new sales strategy is developed.
- Information-Sharing Culture - Employees across departments trust each other to use information (especially about problems and failures) to improve performance.
- Information-Inquiring Culture - Employees across departments search for information to better understand the future and align themselves with current ttrends and new directions.
- Information-Discovery Culture - Employees across departments are open to new insights about crisis radical changes and seek ways to create competitive advantages.